Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this great live camera site that has a live camera on a litter of great dane puppies that are being raised and trained to be service dogs. Today however the camera is focused on one of their female Adults, Chaos, who is ready to give birth at any time. I thought it would be a really amazing and unique thing to watch, I dont'think many get to see this sort of thing, let alone in real time so I thought I would post the link to the camera for any who were interested!

http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/great-dane-service-puppies-puppy-hill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you enjoy, they're at the waiting stage right now, she could go into active labor at any time. the cameras, there's an indoor and outdoor, are normlaly on a 6 month(ish) old litter of 6 pups. I think this is extra special, i've been watching all morning

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ooh! This is really neat, I'll be keeping my eye on her! Thanks for linking!
I think she's really getting close.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the owner have been predicting tomorrow sometime, all I hope is it doesnt happen while I'm at work cause while it's broadcasting I don't think anything is actually recording it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well she is beautiful. I might drive myself crazy watching this! Hahaha. Might happen overnight.

Welcome to the forum by the way! Don't think I've seen you around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I"m new around here, today is my first day and I just had to share that link, I've been watching it allllll day because I've never seen a dog give birth and I think there's something extra special about seeing it on live camera(not as special as in person thogh) Í'm holding out hope they'll have this litter raised on camera like they do with the group that's about 6 months now, currently we're all watching for movement of the pups at her tummy, someone reported being able to see some moving

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you seeig the movement? I can't quite tell, I thinkt here's a pup between the large pink teat and the black teat that comes after it but it's really hard to be sure

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've seen several puppies (and kittens) being born but I've never seen a pregnant Great Dane. Wow she's big, lol. Closest thing I've seen to that is a pregnant Great Pyrenees but she had a lot of fur to cover the tummy. She'll probably go into labor while I'm at work too. >.<

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I'm dreading, i work in about 3 hours and will be away for about 4 1/2 and I'm afraid she'll give birth while I'm gone and I don't thinkt hey're recording, just broadcasting. The owner said she's weighing it at 177 right now and is normally 140

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Well, almost 3 hours later and she's starting to get irritated with laying the same spot.
annnd now she's gone xD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yes, there is the potty break sign, it comes around pretty often lately these people take such good care of her, they're bringing her her food bowl, letting her have the run of three sofas, potty breaks whenever, constant mother-henning of her, very much loved!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ladybug you're on the puppy hills right? try refreshing the page, sometimes the camera cuts out and refreshign fixes it

1 - 20 of 96 Posts