Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm barricaded into my house behind police tape and I need distraction.

About 8pm tonight I was standing in my kitchen and I saw a man being persued down my street by the police. The man bailed out of his car while it was still moving and made off running into the neighborhood. The car smashed into oncoming traffic.

Since then, my street has been blockaded and the police helicopter has been circling. I was okay until my dad got out of work. He called from the edge of the barricade and told me he couldn't come home. He said he'd talk to the police officer and call later. He called back almost immediately and said, "Sorry to call so soon. If the man is in the house right now, I need you to say 'Yes, I'm all right.'" I kind of panicked. I am home ALONE and the police think the suspect could be IN MY HOUSE.

The police came with flashlights, big guns, and a K9 to search my backyard, tool shed, and guest house.

My parents are sitting in the parking lot of the Target a few blocks away, I can't let the dogs out to pee, and I have to wake up for work in six hours, but the helicopter is still circling. This is not a good night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
holy cow!

At least the police are there. Just make sure all your doors/windows are locked and stay away from them after that!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't seem like it. The helicopters are still going. I'm hunkered down on the couch...there's no way I could sleep tonight. Local news says the man is convicted of murder and is armed.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
OMG!

How you doing? you ok? has the guy been caught yet?

Are the police going to let you through to go to work?

Having the boys there must be some comfort. I'm sure they'd alert you to anything going on.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The helicopters left and they started taking down the tape around 1:30am, but they brought in a tow truck to clear thr street and poluce photographers to get pictures of the scene. All in all, it was 3am before I was able to semi-comfortably go to sleep in my own bed.

Channel four news reported on the incident from the corner of the block this morning. It seems there were actually two men, both murder suspects. They caught one last night, but the other is still at large. He'd be an idiot to stick around this area, though, so it's not nearly as scary a thought as it was last night.

I was very glad the dogs were here. Clifford is deaf as a door post, but Alvin would have alerted me to anything strange, so it was very comforting when he curled up and went to sleep.

I called in sick to work today. There was no way I was going to teach all day on two hours of sleep!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I don't blame you for missing work today - understandable circumstances for sure.
I'm glad that things are back to normal for the most part now. Jeeez, that's just SO scary, esp being alone, but I know your dogs were of some comfort to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts