Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puggle. I have a puggle that is very overweight. I bought diet food and he has not lost a pound. I want to give him the best food possible. Can someone please tell a good dogfood that is made properly for puggle that has not had any recalls. He is a male going on 8 years old. Either that or a good recipe and I will make my own. He is 45 pounds

·
Registered
549 Posts
It's like us - it's about calories. It doesn't matter if it's diet food if you don't feed less calories... feed less, walk more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's it, the brand of food you feed matters little, it's calories that matter. So you got food for weight loss but he didn't loose. I'd guess you are letting him eat all he wants and, he simply eats more of the lower calorie food. Feed him ONLY the recommended amount for his ideal weight, not for what he weighs now.Yes he will beg for more but, if you want him to loose weight, you can't give in, he gets what he needs for his goal weight, that's all, no table scraps, no extra treats. If you must give treats, then take that many calories out of his food ration to allow for treats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts