Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am from the USA but I am living in the ex-soviet country of Georgia. My wife just got a French bulldog puppy about 2 weeks ago and he had some tiny little bumps on his head I originally thought were flea bites, also he pees constantly, a couple drops here a couple drops there. The bumps started to get a bit bigger and when my wife took him to the vet to get his first injections the vet gave her some sulfur cream to put on the bumps and said to bring the puppy back in a week and get the injections then, she also said that the puppy peeing all over the place was him marking his territory. Since then the bumps have gotten bigger like small pea sized and one or two have showed up on the belly. My wife took the dog in today and the vet says it has demodectic mange. I honestly don't trust the vet here because she hasn't done any testing and she told us to keep giving the dog the sulfur cream that hasn't seemed do anything so far other than make the dog smell like sulfur.. All I am able to find on the internet is that demodectic mange is usually caused by a weak immune system mostly due to some other problem. I have had a few puppies and never remember them peeing ever few minutes in small silver dollar sized puddles either. Looking at forums I have read that peeing like that can be the sign of a urinary tract infection or bladder infection. I am just wondering if anyone thinks its possible the dog has a uti or bladder infection and that might by why our puppies immune system is down which has caused him to get demodectic mange. And is there any way I can try to treat the puppy for a uti/bladder infection that wont cause any harm to him if I am wrong. My wife is really upset because we have been using the topical medicine for more than a week already and things are just getting worse. If anyone has any suggestions or insight it would be much appreciated. I can also send pictures or more information if it helps.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts