Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We have only had our Collie a week and are still trying to get him used to the house. I worry about him because his back legs seem stiff. We have Laminate floors and we are getting some rugs ASAP for the little guy to run on. I worry about him because he will play hard and slip. We are trying to prevent until our rugs get here. Well yesterday He went to the vet for some shots and also played super hard throughout the day. Well this morning he seemed stiff in his hind legs a little bit. I'm just wondering advice or experience on this. I want him to be healthy for a long time and also to avoid any hip problems. Was it the shots, or the floors or both? Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
your vet should take your pup back in and wave the office visit fee, if you feel the pup is having a side effect from the shot. majority of the vaccines are multiples so it may or may not be a reaction depending on what vaccines were given and if they have side effects. As far as the floor you will have to see if an server injury has already happened to rule it out .. Glad your getting rugs.. but you have stated the pup has already had some falls Hope your pup is ok

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your post! He seems much better this afternoon. He is running and playing in the front yard with my wife and doesn't seem sore at all. I wonder if he just had some bruising. I think I just worry too much but at the same time this puppy is fearless so someone has to watch out for him.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
am glad to hear the update and yes puppies do not know when to stop themselves to need us to step in for them lol ... I have a new pup too :) :) nap and quiet rest time he is not always happy about ..

·
Registered
192 Posts
"Better safe than sorry" is usually the best approach to a situation so feel free to post on the forum if something about him seems even a bit ''off.

We can not give medical advice (if you suspect something medical get to your vet ASAP) but with suggestions about flooring and training you're free to ask. You might get a lot of contradicting advice but between the ''good'', the ''bad'' and the ''so-so'' advice you might find stuff that work for you.

I'll definitely keep an eye on him for a few days and if the stiff leg re-occurs consult your vet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
When in doubt, call the vet. Some pups do have a reaction to vaccines. And running around on slick floors can definitely be dangerous, so getting some rugs (or even yoga mats) sooner rather than later is a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts