Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I were you I would wait. First because I think peeing is the least of your worries -- how are you going to socialize a puppy that you can't take outside? And furthermore, can you really keep a dingo/heeler mix puppy happy in 1000 square feet with minimal time outside? I'm rather certain a dingo mix would be a challenge for most people to raise in more optimal situations. Heightened prey drive means you would really need to crack down on the socialization, give the dog a lot of exercise and training, etc., at the bare minimum--there are people on this forum that I'm sure would know more about "hybrids" and be able to give you a better idea of what it involves. I wouldn't go for a dingo mix puppy, myself. But it sounds like you're really dedicated to the idea of getting a dog and you're willing to do a lot for it, and that's great! If you're that serious, you'll still feel that way after April 30th, and you get two and a half months more to research and carefully decide what kind of pup to get and where from.

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts