Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive recently bought n american akita puppy will post pics later

Hes 8 weeks n took him for his first jabs tdai n the vet said he only has 1 testicle n not to be worried they should drop down n shel check on next visit

I am worried, i allways wanted a big huge akita just like my puppys mum and dad, will one tEsticle effect his growth? Iam not to fussed about breeding.

Please fillme in im clueless about that topic.

And is it normal for n 8 week puppy to have his testicles dropped latr.

Thnx

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gozY9TrBZT4&feature=plcp

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
It's probably just undescended. Surprised the breeder didn't say anything to you about it. Sometimes they drop, sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Can the vet feel the other testicle? If so there is a way you can help get it down. Flip him over on his back and see if you can feel the testicle, if you can find it, gently massage it down, do this a few times a day and it should help.

Yes it normal, some males do not descend till 6 months old.

If the vet could not feel the other or it does not come down, he will have to be neutered as testicles can not survive in the stomach area. It will likely become cancerous.

And yes I am also surprised the breeder did not tell you about it, I would wonder why as UTs can become such a health problem.

And frankly I would think you would be more worried about health and not is this gonna stunt his growth, that really should be more important than the latter.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I agree with the other posters.

Also if you bought on a show/breeding contract and it doesn't descend there should be something regarding cryptorchids in the contract. A refund or replacement.

If you bought a pet contract there might not be anything as neuter is likely required anyway.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Don't worry it'll come down. That's how it was with Luke at first and it finally came down. I mean he's neutered now, but it'll come. Don't worry, your akita is fine.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Don't worry it'll come down. That's how it was with Luke at first and it finally came down. I mean he's neutered now, but it'll come. Don't worry, your akita is fine.
Not always, it depends on where the testicle is, it could be trapped. They pup would then have to be neutered as soon as possible, because of potential health issues, as I stated before.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Our Persian cat didn't have his fully drop until he was 5 months old. He only got to enjoy them for a month before the vet dropped them even further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts