Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 8 month old second generation goldendoodle, two weeks ago when she was walking back into the house her back right leg slipped off the edge of the stairs and she pulled it up really quick, there was about two inches between the stairs and a refrigerator ( we now moved it so that it is up against the stairs.) It seems like it got caught a little but she pulled up to fast for me to help her. Right after it happened she didnt put any weight on it, but about five minutes later she put weight on it and walked on it mostly fine, she was ever jumping shortly after. We didnt think that any thing was wrong since she was walking fine 5 min after it. The day after we took her for a walk when she returned she was limping on it, for two days after that she had a hard time sitting, laying down, and getting up especially after she woke up in the morning. We gave it a couple days and it went away, therefore we thought no need to bring her to the vet. recently she has been appearing to be walking fine, however when you watch for walk for a little while you can tell that she doesnt put all of her weight on it, and her butt now "swivels" more then it use to when she walks. She doesnt seem like it bothers her, but she also wasnt bothered one day after being spayed. she is still really active, jumps and runs around, occasionally she will have a little trouble getting up. i dont know if it is hip dysplasia, she slightly dislocated it, strained a muscle, or if im just being paranoid. Either way she hasnt been walking like she use to but one that didnt know how she use to walk wouldnt really notice a difference without watching her for a few minutes. I m going to take her to the vet either way but seeing that i am a new dog owner i was just trying to get ideas and other peoples opitions about what it could possibly be.

·
Registered
198 Posts
definitely take her to your veterinarian! they might just prescribe cage rest but it's a good idea to give any ortho/soft tissue injury adequate time to heal before resuming normal activity. otherwise, it can become a chronic issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts