Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

7 weeks old pups

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  ChaosIsAWeim 
#1 ·
i have some 7 week old pups. they look health but one he is half or 3rd the side of the other. been wormed had it shots, he is not as playful as the other and he don't eat as much.. what can i do

#2 ·
You can take the pup to the vet for a check up.

#13 ·
Dogs don't enjoy sex. In fact, sex is incredibly painful for dogs.

Please take that puppy to the vet. Clearly, he needs it. Also, you clearly don't need any more puppies, so spay your dog.

I would love to be spayed, btw. I've been begging doctors to sterilize me since I was 18. I will dance with joy when I go through menopause.

#19 ·
Just because they get weaned then (technically weaning process starts earlier than 6), doesn't mean they should be sold. You are doing a great disservice to those pups by doing so.

#18 ·
Dogs may wean their pups younger but that's not why you shouldn't sell them before 8 weeks. They need the socialization of staying with their mother and littermates, even if they aren't nursing. Without those last 2 weeks with mom and siblings, they can have trouble with bite inhibition and other behavioral issues.

Well, if you bred your dogs on purpose I'm sure you've prepared for vet bills. Because breeding properly is extremely expensive, and anyone who makes a profit is probably neglecting his dogs in some way. I hope you aren't that kind of person. And I hope you've taken steps to prevent your pups from ending up in bad homes where they'll be abused or neglected, or from ending up dead in a shelter or anywhere else.

And the mismatch shot is fairly dangerous for a female. I hope you don't count on that very often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.