Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some 7 week old pups. they look health but one he is half or 3rd the side of the other. been wormed had it shots, he is not as playful as the other and he don't eat as much.. what can i do

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
You can take the pup to the vet for a check up.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
See a vet. Sounds like he is the runt. Often they can have problems and need medical care. While you are at the vet, make an appt for the mom to be spayed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it not the runt i done sold the runt he been health till the past 6 day he went down hill. none of my dog will be spayed or neuter, how would you like it?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
it not the runt i done sold the runt he been health till the past 6 day he went down hill. none of my dog will be spayed or neuter, how would you like it?
I'd actually love to be spayed, as I don't want children. Your dog doesn't either. Not to sound mean or anything, but if you can't prevent your dog from having puppies.. then the responsible thing to do is have them fixed. They don't care, I promise. =) Please be part of the solution to tons of animals in shelters, not the problem.

On that note, take the pups to the vet.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Wait you already sold a puppy that's not even 8 weeks old yet?

:doh:

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I'm.. not certain what that has to do with getting a puppy to the vet, which is all you can do here. Take him to the vet before he gets worse or unfortunately dies.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'd take him in to be sure there isn't something wrong. Could be anything from a virus, a blockage, intestinal parasites the deepened didn't cover, a genetic issue not yet noticed with the pup, to something simple as just needing more time to nurse or extra soft food.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd love to be spayed! I don't want kids so it's the perfect solution. I also wouldnt want to be made to have kids all the time because someone couldn't fix me. Simple.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
If I was owned by someone who couldn't keep me from being bred and having babies, I would LOVE to be spayed...

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Dogs don't enjoy sex. In fact, sex is incredibly painful for dogs.

Please take that puppy to the vet. Clearly, he needs it. Also, you clearly don't need any more puppies, so spay your dog.

I would love to be spayed, btw. I've been begging doctors to sterilize me since I was 18. I will dance with joy when I go through menopause.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You can't sell a puppy less than 8 weeks of age. That is illegal in some states, not to mention detrimental to a dogs health.

The puppy needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you can't breed your dogs ethically and responsibly, they need to be neutered and spayed. Mating, pregnancy, and birth can be extremely traumatic or dangerous for a dog. If you can't prevent mating, they need to be fixed. You already let a puppy go way too young (the RUNT no less) so clearly you are not ready to breed dogs. You need to find a way to prevent this from happening, for your dogs' lives sake, and their puppies' sake.

Keep in mind that puppies given away too young can have a LOT of behavioral issues, including biting. I hope you gave it to someone who can handle this in a hound.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd suggest taking the puppy to the vet with the money you received from having "done sold" the runt.

I'd actually love to be spayed, as I don't want children. Your dog doesn't either. Not to sound mean or anything, but if you can't prevent your dog from having puppies.. then the responsible thing to do is have them fixed. They don't care, I promise. =) Please be part of the solution to tons of animals in shelters, not the problem.

On that note, take the pups to the vet.
I'd love to be spayed! I don't want kids so it's the perfect solution. I also wouldnt want to be made to have kids all the time because someone couldn't fix me. Simple.
I had my tubes tied because I don't want children. There are other options as well, discuss it with your gyno.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i had puppy cause i plan on having puppy!!!! dog wean there pups at 6 weeks not 8. and for some reason my female get out of the kennel while she in heat i give her a shot that will cause her to abort the pups

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Dogs may wean their pups younger but that's not why you shouldn't sell them before 8 weeks. They need the socialization of staying with their mother and littermates, even if they aren't nursing. Without those last 2 weeks with mom and siblings, they can have trouble with bite inhibition and other behavioral issues.

Well, if you bred your dogs on purpose I'm sure you've prepared for vet bills. Because breeding properly is extremely expensive, and anyone who makes a profit is probably neglecting his dogs in some way. I hope you aren't that kind of person. And I hope you've taken steps to prevent your pups from ending up in bad homes where they'll be abused or neglected, or from ending up dead in a shelter or anywhere else.

And the mismatch shot is fairly dangerous for a female. I hope you don't count on that very often.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
i had puppy cause i plan on having puppy!!!! dog wean there pups at 6 weeks not 8. and for some reason my female get out of the kennel while she in heat i give her a shot that will cause her to abort the pups
Just because they get weaned then (technically weaning process starts earlier than 6), doesn't mean they should be sold. You are doing a great disservice to those pups by doing so.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I know people online who should probably be spayed or neutered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts