Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 7 week old mixbreed pup from a friend who didn’t have the means to care for the pup properly. So she is COVERED in fleas. I HATE bugs... is there anything I can use in my home to prevent infestation as I work on riding my pup of the fleas??? I used an age appropriate flea treatment but may have messed it up by combing three fur with lice comb and soapy water ( to kill fleas after combed out) I do believe I have gotten a huge chunk of the fleas off and will be arranging an appointment with vet tomorrow ASAP I just need help protecting my family and my toy poodle and my home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My poodle has a seresto collar and it puts a shield around her ( when visiting family she gets 0 fleas... it’s amazing) i have no choice but to bring my new pup indoors as we live in an upstairs apartment unit....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you used a spot-on treatment, and then got him wet, then yes, you probably washed most of it off, or at the least, prevented it from spreading properly.

I rescued an 8 week old kitten this past week. She's had four baths with plain shampoo, and has had about a hundred fleas combed out of her. The other animals are getting their flea treatment (Advantage II for the cats, and Nexgard for the dogs) tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you used a spot-on treatment, and then got him wet, then yes, you probably washed most of it off, or at the least, prevented it from spreading properly.

I rescued an 8 week old kitten this past week. She's had four baths with plain shampoo, and has had about a hundred fleas combed out of her. The other animals are getting their flea treatment (Advantage II for the cats, and Nexgard for the dogs) tonight.
I used Advantage II

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yeah, that needs to dry undisturbed for 24 hours before getting wet or combing them, in order to properly spread through the coat. It's more than likely helped, though. You can ask the vet about when or if you should reapply it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can try use flea collar ... can repelling the fleas before they even get into your dog’s fur.
They have one goal and try to accomplish it by emitting a gas that fleas find revolting. As a result, the fleas will hopefully ignore your dog. Therefore, these collars try to get rid of the fleas before they become a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts