Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 month old rescue puppy has been with me for about 5 months now. When she was 3 to 4 months old, she was teething and was biting hard. I got plenty of bruises and wounds and to avoid getting mad at her and just ignore this bad behavior, I suited up with protective gear. Once she lost most of her teeth, she stopped biting and that was when she was around 5 to 6 months old. Now at 7 months old, she's doing the same thing again, biting hard. I don't know if this is becoming a habit or just part of another teething or adolescent phase but I need help. She would bite hard and it hurts. I will try to re-focus her attention by doing some commands with treats but her focus is just on me. It's so frustrating because she's quite big at 38 pounds. What should I do? I'm getting scared of her, especially when we're on a walk.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Get a toy.. a tug type toy.. and redirect to this toy and play tug. Use food to teach her "out" to let go of the toy then re-engage.

The ONLY time she gets this toy is when you play with her. Other times it is put up.

Example of the toy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a toy.. a tug type toy.. and redirect to this toy and play tug. Use food to teach her "out" to let go of the toy then re-engage.

The ONLY time she gets this toy is when you play with her. Other times it is put up.

Example of the toy:
Thank you for this tip! I will try this out with her. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts