Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The fact that this "breeder" is so incredibly lazy that they won't keep the pups until the minimum recommended age, something even most BYB and miller types will do, indicates a high probability that they've cut corners elsewhere, too. Prenatal care, surely. Nutrition. Sanitation. I'll eat my hat if the parents actually had standard health testing prior to breeding. Whatever they're charging you for this puppy, you'd better also budget many times that amount for future vet bills and behaviorist sessions, assuming the pup doesn't pass away of parvo or something before you even get to that point.

Someone like this would not get a dime of my money because it just allows them to produce more puppies in these conditions and keep forcing their bitches to churn out litter after litter until their bodies give out. Without buyers this kind of nonsense would have to stop. But, you know, you do you, if you're dead set on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't take a 5-week old puppy out because of his compromised immune system. Consider the pad, and once he turns 8 weeks and gets his first shoot, you can start taking him out. At least that would I do :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts