Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 5 month old boxer-pointer mix Freya is sick. This started on Tuesday. She ate some cat food in the afternoon--which doesn't sit well with her, it just goes straight through her. Afterwards she ate grass-that evening she threw up the cat food + grass. Yesterday she threw up again, grass and white foamy stuff. She didn't eat anything until that evening when I coaxed her into eating a little dog food with Vanilla Yogurt that my vet suggested was good to calm their stomachs.

All last night shes been throwing up foamy stuff off and on up until this morning. I took her out and she peed and pooped(diarrhea-y) then ate some more grass. She threw up more and now is laying down. Her nose has been cold so it isn't a fever, and she's been drinking her normal amounts.

I don't know if this is caused by grass that has been sprayed with weed killer or if it's because of the other puppies in the house(one has worms and went to the vet). She still needs her next puppy shot.

Please if you have any info on what I should do to help her let me know.
I don't have the money to take her to a vet right now so I'm really scared.

-Rosy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Do you seriously think that your dog could be poisoned from a chemical on the grass? If that's the case I'm flabbergasted that you took the time to post on an online forum instead of immediately rushing her to get medical help.

My advice is that you should rehome the dog to someone who can provide for her adequately. Failing to provide vet care for an animal that is ill is neglectful, regardless of the circumstance. You just can't do that.

She's a baby and could be very ill. She needs to see a vet immediately.

Take out a loan, find a vet that does payment plans, apply for carecredit or the like.

Unflavored pedialyte is what I gave to my puppy when he had diarrhea to help with rehydration. You could try coaxing her to eat with boiled chicken breast and rice.

Also, just because her nose is cold doesn't mean that she doesn't have a fever. That's an old wives tale. The only way to confirm that she doesn't have a fever is a temperature reading.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,273 Posts
Please see the disclaimer at the top of this forum:
Caring for your dog's health and well-being aren't always that easy. While our members may have good advice, it is just advice. Please use this section as a resource to discuss "diagnosed" conditions and treatment options for your dog.
*Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.
It is not possible for forum members to diagnose your dog over the internet, nor would it be responsible of them to do so. Your puppy needs to see the vet immediately. Please take her, and feel free to return and start a new thread about the diagnosis once you have.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top