Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Echo back to the vet today as she was displaying many of the symptoms that went along with her last UTI (roughly a month and a half ago). She's also had vaginitis to go along with it. She tested positive for infection, and was started on another round of antibiotics, this time double the dose. She's got a two-week dose of antibiotics this time. She'll go back in two weeks, get tested again, and if the infection isn't completely gone, she'll have bloodwork done.

The vet told me he's a bit concerned that she's got her second UTI at this age (which is why he's talking about doing bloodwork). He did an exam on her today (felt her bladder and such), finding nothing abnormal. However, he said he fears there could be some kind of genetic bladder or kidney problem (which is why he wants to do the bloodwork and other testing if it comes to that).

My question is- has anyone else had a puppy that has had recurring problems like this at such a young age? If so, please tell me about it. I'm a bit concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts