Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol, seems I'm a little behind the curve here when it comes to sharing pictures. There are a lot of beach goers on DF!

Anyway myself and two of my close buddies decided to run up to Ocean Shores for the holiday weekend and stay at the beach house that belonged to one of their grandmothers. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. We spent most of the time hanging out on the beach and generally acting like over-hyper idiots but it was good to get the energy out. The holiday gathering itself was also pretty cool to be a part of - and I'm really not that much of a people person. But everyone was in good spirits, blasting their patriotic music, barbecuing, playing beach games, etc. It was easy to get into the whole 'joint celebration' thing.

First, here are some general pictures of the beach area. On our coast it gets pretty foggy and overcast so there aren't a lot of situations were you can see out miles into the ocean. More often then not you have this kind of thing where it looks like you're standing on the edge of the world. Which I think is actually cool in it's own right. It's kind of hard for a beach NOT to be pretty though.

One of the many bodies of water that dotted the landscape on the way up to Ocean Shores -

OC itself -

MORE

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two of the MANY kites that were flying that day. The background is WA's famous cloudless grey sky lol. Luckily we did get some blue color later in the day.

There were several people that brought their own horses to ride along the beach but the service was also offered through some kind of group that brought their well trained/bomb proof pack horses. It was neat see them ride out through the mists.

MORE

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pair of Heeler type dogs that were REALLY into their game of fetch. The front girl (I think her name might have been Cinnamon) would take the stick to anyone who looked willing to throw it. This was her bypassing her owner to offer it up to my friends and I.

And THIS is how white your skin gets when your heritage consists of Irish/German blood. It also refuses to tan...instead, you get sunburns that hurt for awhile and eventually fade right back into ghost white. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fate lol.

We built a sandcastle lol

And last but not least, the one firework shot that came out half way decent. We just set out the lawn chairs and mooched off other people's shows lol.

That's it!
Thanks for looking, all!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oh looks like alot of fun! That is a ton of people!!! Did Dakota join you???

Those dogs look happy happy! Oh and I love horse back riding on the beach... we've done it here... I'd do it all the time... but it's just so damn expensive!
Nessa

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were a lot of people! It was kind of crazy because I'm used to kind of used to more or less having the beach to myself. Koty had to stay at home mostly because it was someone else's house and I knew there was going to be a lot of stranger action. She's MUCH better about public rendezvous these days but I haven't quite braved such a big gathering with her yet.

Oh I know - I wish it was much more feasible to do on a regular basis. Though, it could just be reason for me to get my own horse and ride all the time for free lol. Someday! ;)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pooch! :)
Yeah, it was a cool sight to see

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I really enjoyed seeing them :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts