Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this morning Chevy our lab was outside playing with our two little dogs and he laid down and all 4 legs tensed and started shaking. his eyes were dilated to the point you couldnt even tell they were brown... he was whining and trying so hard to move. fell over a few times in the process. this is the second time within say about 5 or so months. so its not a common thing. everything i have looked up leads to partial seizures. for bout 15 or so minutes after the shaking finally quit and he was back up and walking his legs were still shaking from what im hoping just muscle aches. do yall say the same? that it soudns like partial seizures? im gonna get him into the vet to be on the safe side because when he was a puppy he fell out of a moving S10 and his back end got run over and broken. would effects from that just now start showing up leading to something like this? thanks for taking the time to read this yall. hope yall can help!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Re: 4 year old black lab having "seizure" like symptoms. want opinion please!

Definitely get him to the vet. If it is seizures they can become more frequent and unfortunately worse. Let us know how he is after his visit.

My vet thought my dog was having seizures ... and it turned out to be something else that acted like seizures.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Re: 4 year old black lab having "seizure" like symptoms. want opinion please!

Make an appointment with a vet as soon as possible. Seizures on by themselves are very dangerous, let alone some of the things that cause them. Imagine putting some jello inside a plastic container and shaking it... that's what a seizure is like for the brain.

ETA: saw you made an appointment, whoops! I hope its something easily treatable! Epilepsy is fairly easy to treat. It sucks, but at least there are treatments for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts