Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently got a great little Welsh Terrier puppy, but there are a few problems I can't seem to correct. I was having a tough time house training, but recently I bought a bell to go on the doorknob to ring when she wants to go outside. She's gotten that down pretty well already. However, a couple of times each day at various times she will start growling and eventually snap and bite. It usually results from picking her up when she gets into something she shouldn't or just being picked up when she doesn't want to. Most of the time she doesn't mind being picked up, but every once in a while she does snap. It definitely isn't puppy biting either. I have tapped her on the nose a few times by instinct and accident, but I'm pretty good about just giving her a few stern no's and that's it. Saying a deep "no!" seems to just make her more mad and try to bite even more. I read the board yesterday and saw the NILIF method, which I thought might work and started it last night. However I'm not sure it'll work with her being a puppy and not out of the phase of trying to get into everything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts