Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butch had his annual and came through with flying colors! I found out the only vac they give yearly is the Lepto (I can never remember what the other combo is). Better for the dogs and that makes it much easier on my wallet that's for sure. $180 including HW meds! Whohooo. Now I can go buy Mort some more of his very expensive canned food (that was on sale last week...keeping fingers crossed). Mort is next month and Roxxy in July...gotta space them out.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
For most dogs that don't live in areas where lepto's a risk, it's better to eliminate that particular vaccine as it's the one that apparently causes the most bad reactions. I'd be tempted to not only talk with my vet about it's benefits and risks including risks in my particular area of not getting it but I'd probably want to get 2nd and maybe 3rd opinions from both allopathic and holistic vets in order to make an informed decision (that goes for all vaccines other than rabies, which is prescribed by law).

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
the thing w/ the Lepto shot is that there are, like, 16 strains of Lepto out there and the vaccine only covers 4-5 of them....i still don't see where the protection is...

i stay away from all the shots/treatments that i can....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts