Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to house train my 3 month old rotti but she hasnt gotten her rabies shots yet. The method im using is I take her outside if she does her thing she gets a treat and praise. I heard that taking a dog for a walk after she does her thing is good to do so that she know aight poop i got for a walk and makes her want to evac faster so she can get her walk and explore.

My question is would taking her for a walk be ok considering the fact that she hasnt had a rabies shot yet. Id be taken her for a walk down my block and stuff like that no forest walks or anything yet.

An i know i posted she was 6 months old is previous posts but i was wrong. Shes 3 months lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't let her play with unvaccinated dogs and don't let her fight with raccoons or eat small wild animals.

The dog needs to be bitten by a rabid Animal to get rabies. You should be more afraid of parvo. Thats easy for pups to get. Has your dog had her over shots? If so don't worry about rabies.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
My vet said my pup was A-ok to go on leash walks/to the park after his third distemper. She said no off-leash hikes in the woods until he's had his rabies. No problem there!

·
Registered
180 Posts
My vet said the same, so long as he has his distemper/parvo shots there should be no issues with on leash walking.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Rabies series isn't started until the dog is 4 months, it's fine to take them into public as long as they've had their distemper/parvo and other puppy vaccines that are started at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thank you guys for your comments. Been walking her around the block and in the park and stuff now. I was feeling keeping her inside 24/7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts