Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Ashley i have now had my puppy husky for 5 days and she is amazing smart little girl but big big big problem pooping in the house when we got her she was not potty trained at all but we got the peeing outside to perfection i am having a major problem with her pooping in the house and i have tired everything when i think she needs to go out i take her out and it seems like she she waits to go inside. i need any tips to help her and i through this getting very frustrated over the whole problem but no way am i going to give up

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
When she does poop in the house, you could pick it up and put it outside where you'd like her to poop, so she might get the hint. Don't yell or scold or punish when she poops inside. And, watch her like a hawk. Don't give her any freedom in the house. Keep track of when she eats, since dogs usually poop about 15-40 minutes after eating. And, clean up previous messes with an enzymatic cleaner.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Take her for a short walk or just let her run around your yard (if it is fenced in if not you can let her run around on a long lead) as that will get things moving along. She'll have to go out first thing when you get up and like doxiemommy said about 15-40 minutes after eating and she should have ZERO freedom in the house (this means keeping her on a leash tied to you or keeping her crated when you can't devote 100% of your attention to her) you should be taking her out probably once every 2ish hours or so. That would solve your pooping in the house as puppies that age don't have control of their bowel movements yet. When she goes outside praise her like crazy and give her treats when she goes outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys i just started useing the leash so she is with me all the time. and we are useing the crate but i hate puting her in there. but i only put her in there right after she eats and when she starts crying is when i bring her out and she sleeps in there all night with no problems

·
Registered
13 Posts
Remember that it's basically a matter of forming a nice, repetitive habit. The more the puppy goes outside at the right times, the more he'll associate going to the bathroom with doing it outside. The more he does it inside, the more he'll think it's just what he should do. One of the most important things is to not yell, scold, hit, or anything like that if he makes a mistake. By the time he's started going, it's too late, and it'll only confuse him and create emotional problems to do those type of things. It's easy to get frustrated because of how unpleasant it is for it to happen, but it's best to direct that energy into preventing it in the first place, and the dog will quickly learn that way too. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts