Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening's walk took Indy and I past the house of A new Rottweiler in the neighborhood. He was barking at us like crazy and from what little I could see in the dark (daylight savings :frusty:!) his front legs were out the 2nd story window and he was moving around a lot. We passed by the other day and the dog was off leash with the family (assumeing it was the same dog) and completely ignored us.
we've been barked at by tons of window dogs but this is the first I'm worried about a jumper.

Should I be paranoid (s)he might jump out to come after us? I'm as much worried about the dogs safety jumping out a second story window as threat of attack.

Should I do something?

Not even sure who lives there, to talk to them, It's an old Victorian multifamily rental house which seems to rented to more than multiple family's per apartment.

·
Super Moderator
11,807 Posts
It's hard to imagine many dogs stupid-enough to jump our if a 2nd story window, though Molly once jumped out the window of a car going about 45 mph, so I guess it's not inconceivable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
is there a roof line for him to get onto? my neighbours dog jumped from the kids 'playhouse' over the 6 ft fence to play with my dogs in my yard.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a roof line for him to get onto?
Sort of, kind of the situation in the picture Below from a window on the left side.
now I'm going crazy on what you call these houses ?Victorian era? Multifamily sort of townhouse? Ive seen these all over the country.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know of a GSD that jumped off the first story of a house to chase some other dog. He did break his leg in the process and never did it again. To answer your question, it's certainly possible that a dog may jump.

Having said that, the house you're describing seems a lot higher up that the first story one I know of. That had a fairly low ground floor roof and had no railing since it was still being built at the time. Could be that the extra height makes the jump seem less possible and thus more unlikely to be attempted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts