Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is what Blaze sat, with out getting up, through tons of distractions today. We went to a dog festival called "barkham". They were raising money for homeless animals. We were all trying to do the worlds longest stay. But it failed since the wether was utter crap (POURING rain). We did have 87 dogs who stayed in place for 2mins straight, which may or may not be canadas record. (I have to look it up). After that we deecided to have a "sit off" and see who can sit the longest, with out getting up (they could sit and laydown what ever they choose, just not actually stand).

Out of 60+ dogs who did the fun event, it was down to 8 at about 15mins, and still at 23 mins, we were all 8 still sitting (handlers standing). They did SOOO many distraction tests. throughing balls, food at the dogs. getting sqeaky toys out. Bringing dogs out to walk around the dogs, having dogs bark in microphones. Blaze was AWSOME didnt so much as care for anything but to watch me.I guess I did do somthing right int he taining I have done with him, all on my own. After 15mins, I even told him, "You dont have o stay any more if you dont want, this is taking forever", but he stayed (I doubt he understood me. But I felt better giving him options lol)

There was only 3 prizes, and 8 dogs left so we drew names out of a hat. We didnt win anything. But that doesnt matter as I was so thrilled with how obident he is, I always knew he was. But really, how many dogs will sit and stare at their owners for 23 minutes lol. I hope this is proof that he will pass his CGN next month when we go to try for that in scugog.

Pictures:

Doing the 2 mins sit.

Group shots for the newspapers. I dont think we got in any, not sure. Will have to wait for the paper to get out. My mom was talking 95% of the pictures today. (she is not good with the camera. Should of seen how many plain pavement/road shots she took lol Thats ok I still love her and love that she loves to go to doggy things with me lol)

During the "longest sit". No idea what time frame this is in. this is just a group of random dogs in it.

Blaze and I. Notice the Dauchie. He was trying to get Blaze to stop paying attention, this was around minute number 15.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dog barking in to a mic.

This poor baby was another distraction tests. Poor thing was thrown from a moveing vehicle and is now paralyzed. She was so sweet with her squeeky wheel chair.

And I did my first ever "big splurge" on a dog collar. I wasnt sure if I really wanted it, but then fumble hands me freaking drops it in a huge puddle, I felt bad so I bought the 30 freaking dollar collar. lol I have never spent more then 10 bucks on a collar, yes cheapy me. Oh well I do LOVE it, its very guy like. Beer mugs and all.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I have been meaning to post these since last weekend. We went to woofstock, north americas largest pet festival. Awsome time, great place, great wether that weekend for it. LOTS of free treats that Blaze loved.

Swimming in the fountain.

In a police K9 car.

Borzoi I fell in love with. His owner and I talked for ever.

I cant remember this breed. Some one help me. Not a komodor, or a puli lol. owner said mastiff somthing, unless its another name for the breed Im unaware of. NASTY dog, was down right MEAN, tried to attack Blaze and other dogs numerous times.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Random shot of woof stock.

Boyfriend and Blaze.

First time in a elevator. He did so well. I swear he can go through anything with out a issue.

*****Sorry wasnt sure where to post. photo section or general talk*****

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The breed of that dog escapes me now. I know I saw the same thing once on Animal Precinct. Somebody had reported the dog and owner because it had "intense matting as a result of poor grooming". Smart people.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Looks like fun, I wish we had things like that around here.

As for that dog...the only thing that comes to mind (other than Komondor or Puli...) that it might be is Bergamasco Sheepdog. http://bergamascousa.com

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have seen collars for more 30. I have been looking FOREVER for a new collar for sarge. 12 bucks and I love it! Beer mugs? Did your boyfriend pick it out? LOL.

Your dog is lovely, I love the bombproof dogs. Looks like you have fun with him.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Well you both did great Blaze on sit and you getting all the pics and story on DF and I'll bet that took longer than 23 minutes.
3 cheers for Blaze

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im lucky if my pup will still for 2 seconds let alone as long as blaze did. He is such a beautiful dog...u must be so proud to own him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for posting those pictures! I really wanted to go to woofstock this year but Ty was/is still to young. It looks like you too had a lot of fun! And congrats to Blaze! I hope some day Ty can do that to :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks every one. Im always proud of him. he is such a easy going good natured dog. I cant wait to try and do the CGN with him next monht. I hope he passes. his only issue is pulling on the lead, and its not that bad of pulling, so I will have to work more with him. but if thats his only fault, oh well, As we dont do much leash walking (98% of walks are offleash) lol.
Then Agility starting next month, yeaaaa cant wait for that either. Its like having a 5 year old. I need to keep him occupied and take him places lmao

Looks like fun, I wish we had things like that around here.

As for that dog...the only thing that comes to mind (other than Komondor or Puli...) that it might be is Bergamasco Sheepdog. http://bergamascousa.com
I think that is what it is., She said mountain somthing also. Thanks. Im sure you can find fun things, just have to look hard. Check out humane societys ect around for events.
I have seen collars for more 30. I have been looking FOREVER for a new collar for sarge. 12 bucks and I love it! Beer mugs? Did your boyfriend pick it out? LOL.

Your dog is lovely, I love the bombproof dogs. Looks like you have fun with him.
No I picked it out. I am canadian after all, next to milk, Beer is the drink of choice haha. My boyfriend wold have picked the dirt bikes, which i was debating on, which ione to get as blaze LOVES dirt biking. his favourite thing to do is go dirtbiking with us lol.
Well you both did great Blaze on sit and you getting all the pics and story on DF and I'll bet that took longer than 23 minutes.
3 cheers for Blaze
Yes it probably did. Espeacially since I accidently closed the window before I had half of it done.

Thanks for posting those pictures! I really wanted to go to woofstock this year but Ty was/is still to young. It looks like you too had a lot of fun! And congrats to Blaze! I hope some day Ty can do that to :)

Woffstock is pretty fun, if you like big crowds. i do not so get grumpy quickly in them haha. But I just take a break go sit a bit, go in some stores ect to get away,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts