Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cbs11tv.com/pets/22.Dogs.Rescued.2.931000.html

"All 22 dogs were found crammed inside a mid-size car in the small town of Pottsboro. The SPCA is calling it one of the most unusual cases of cruel confinement.

"I've never seen a person and dogs, especially this many dogs, living in a car," said Davies. "

More pictures of the car and dogs...
http://www.spca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=rescue_papillion0209

The owner suffered from dementia it stated. She was evicted and was living in the car with the 22 dogs. This story is quite sad for all involved.
Nessa

·
Registered
932 Posts
W-O-W
Can you imagine the noise? The smell?

This is one of the few that I'm glad the owner wasn't convicted. I volunteer at a nursing home where there are a few dementia patients and they never really know whats going on in their world.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I wonder if PCA rescue has been notified? Poor things. :(

ETA: I had to email them. We'll see what they say. I'll post this on the papillon group I'm on too. I just feel so bad for those babies. Doesn't help that in the last pic, second from the left looks a lot like Summer.

Just an update, but PCA is on the case they say.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if PCA rescue has been notified? Poor things. :(

ETA: I had to email them. We'll see what they say. I'll post this on the papillon group I'm on too. I just feel so bad for those babies. Doesn't help that in the last pic, second from the left looks a lot like Summer.

Just an update, but PCA is on the case they say.
THAT'S GREAT LAURELIN!!! I'm glad you found that out... I knew you'd know who to contact for info. I'm so glad something is being done to help these poor babies.

We'll see how it goes... maybe you can check in and update us?
Nessa

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sad thing is that this is something that more people may be seeing with the economy going the way it is going. People loose their homes and they have to live in their cars.

I just noticed something. Did all those dogs have dogs tags? I saw one of the ones with a green tag in the front seat of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts