Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Matt I purchased a pitbull 2 years ago from a local kennel in my home town his mother very healthy and same with the father championship blood line. He was the only blu nose that came out blue brindle and let's just say he chose me. Have had no health issues with him except for minor ear irritation due to a food allergy anyway. Last after noon on Christmas we threw around a football and of course he likes to chase it around and was having a good ole time, about 20 minutes in he begins to hack and throw up white foam or a white substance I thought it was something he ate at first but then realized after trying to give him water he couldn't breathe, he kept vomiting and wheezing like he was trying to cough up stuff and it wouldn't come up he eventually fell on the ground which at that time my whole family had gathered around and stopped moving he looked like he was having a hard time breathing and his lips and gums were extremely pale and he was very cold my father proceeded to tell me he was dying. I freaked out and began giving him CPR and after about ten minutes he began to come out of shock and could sit up he stopped hacking and vomiting and would then drink water. I have been observing him since yesterday and today and noticed even though still friendly and love able and his tail is still wagging he is slow and tired which I'm assuming may be from the near death experience and my question to all you animal owners out there is there any idea of what could of caused this? He's had a rabies shot and last vet visit six months ago was said to be extremely healthy, he is a spoiled dog and is loved by all my family could he have been over heated from running around so hard? Ive established that I am taking him to the vet in the morning but just thought I'd get some opinions on what to expect if I lost him I don't know what I would do. Through observation I've noticed his breath is worse than normal, he's lazier and his gums turn pale at random times throughout the day please help and pray for my boy I hope I never have to go through a night like last night again thank you. Attached to this is my awesome dog feel free to check out a picture of me and him hangin in my car. Any advice will help
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,950 Posts
you should take him to the vet immediately. He may have a heart or lung problem which will probably reoccur and take his life.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top