Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking her to the vet on Monday to be checked out. She is peeing every where throughout the house...when we are home. These are huge pees, otherwise I would wonder about uti. Other times she is good for 7 hours. We now have closed doors and gates everywhere, I will be doing the floors with a scent neutralizer today. Two nights ago she was outside for 10 minutes, came in and peed on the bed. She knows she has done wrong, and we basically keep it low key. She is good all night, though she sometimes needs out through the night. We keep the bedroom door closed.Could this be an infection, or more likely a behaviour problem? Also, yesterday she started having trouble swallowing/chocking intermitently. ? Thyroid. Anyone ever had a similar proble? Like I said...vets tomorrow, or an emergency call today if swallowing gets worse. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there...the chocking/swallowing issue disappeared Sunday afternoon....so no urgency for a vet. She goes tomorrow to see what he thinks. Now with many gates up and doors closed, there have been no accidents since Saturday, so my guess would be that it is behavioural problems. Still want to eliminate anything medical. Thanks for asking, will update when we have any further info.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...here is the good, the bad and the ugly. As Ginny has had no accidents since Saturday, the vet is pretty sure she has no infection. I did netralizw all the floors, and keep the bedroom doors closed now. I could not get a urine sample of course, with her being a female. She had no fever, he did express her anal glands though, and not much was there, checked her ears etc. He did not want to traumatize her by using a catheter, so for the time being we are treating it as "the teen" years. Her chocking/swallowing problem has not resurfaced either...so no xrays etc. needed. So....with many gates and doors closed, and close supervision, she has been good. For longer periods when she is alone, we are crating her again..ie...more then two hours. She seems to be happier now, and more like her old self. She is being put putside every half hour or so...and is loving it, as she has always gotten a treat when she comes back in. Wow, sure is lucky ther are no weight issues with her. Not sure how often she pees out there though...she has never been one to just run out and pee each time she was let out. So here is hoping. We only have three weeks before she goes to stay with my niece and her dog for ten days, while we are away. A big concern is that she will revert to her old habits while we are away. I will strongly suggest use of her crate while alone. She did well there last year, but there was no other dog there last year.Oh, and I have also been taking her for three half hour walks per day, rather then just one. I had slackened off due to messy winter melt. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Is she spayed? Angel would go through something similar just before she'd go into heat. I had to become very strict about her being in sight at all times, including, at time tethering her to one of us or the leg of the coffe table (in sight so she wouldn't get tangled) so she couldn't wander off. Has there been any changes in the houshold (new pets, people moving in or out) or anything else that could trigger an anxiety issue?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there...yes, Ginny was spayed about a year ago. No changes in the household...except she did do a sleepover at my nieces, with her new dog, about 3 weeks ago. And, actually now that I think about it, that is around the time we started having issues. She stayed there last year, and maybe realizes it is going to happen again, soon. She is one smart dog. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is good in my nieces house. If she backtracks when she gets home, we will deal with it the same as we are now. I think she just needs reprogrammed, as to who is the boss in this house...it is often hard to tell..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts