Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just adopted this female puppy. I named her Shelby in tribute to the late great Carroll Shelby (famous car maker) I am wondering if you can help identify her. She was a stray so I have no idea whether she's a mix or a pure bred. Any ideas?? She is around 5 months old and 13 lbs. Is that a good weight for her and what do you think she will weigh as an adult?? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I am going to stand very firmly behind my guess of her being a Dalmatian mix. There's just something about her that screams it to me (and no, it's not the spots)
Mixed with what, though, I can't guess.

But I do thing she has a good percentage of Absolute Adorable in her.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I am going to stand very firmly behind my guess of her being a Dalmatian mix. There's just something about her that screams it to me (and no, it's not the spots)
Mixed with what, though, I can't guess.

But I do thing she has a good percentage of Absolute Adorable in her.
I agree! Also not because of the spots. For me I think it's the shape of her beautiful little face.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Personally I see English Setter. But there could also be Dal in her.

She does look a little on the skinny side in the third pic. If she does have those two breeds in her or at least one of them I would expect her to be a little more than 13 pounds at around 5 months old. If I had to guess her adult weight it would be no less than 50 pounds no more than maybe 60-65 at most.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Personally I see English Setter. But there could also be Dal in her.

She does look a little on the skinny side in the third pic. If she does have those two breeds in her or at least one of them I would expect her to be a little more than 13 pounds at around 5 months old. If I had to guess her adult weight it would be no less than 50 pounds no more than maybe 60-65 at most.
I was also thinking setting

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was thinking English Setter or Dalmation as well. Possibly spaniel to give her those feathery ears and keep her on the smaller side (which is what she seems like she is going to be at 13 pounds at 5 months). She's adorable. You'll have to become a frequent poster so we can watch her grow up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No breed guesses but she is absolutely adorable. Love her black ears!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think she looks younger than 5 months. If she is 5 months and is a healthy weight at 13 pounds, I wouldn't expect her to be more than 25 pounds at maturity. But I think she looks like she'll be bigger, probably around 50 pounds. Does she have her adult canine teeth growing in yet?

I see English Setter for sure. What else, I don't know. But she sure is cute!

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
English setter is the first thing that came to mind. She is beautiful regardless what she is!

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
No idea what she is other than cute! I wanted to comment on her name - my brother had a cat named Shelby (after the car guy) and another named Hemi (after the engine), and dog named Nash (after the car company).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
First of all, that is the cutest dog ever! No idea on breed, but holy cute, batman!

Love the name, too. Shelby was an artist.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
2 breeds came to mind as soon as i saw her....English Setter and Border Collie....but, if she is 5 mo, i'd say there's something smaller there...BC's can be quite little (a BC owner on a site i go on has one that is only about 25-28# and my Kilt is considered small around here at 38#).....but if she has ES in there, that would bring her size up a bit....

i agree w/ another here....she looks younger than 5 mo and a bit on the thin side (maybe 3-5# light).....

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
oh my gawd. she looks like a furry baby toby.

whatever she is (i agree with the setter/dal but its too young to really tell) she is ADORABLE

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts