Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP, I HAVE 3 CHI'S THEY ALWAYS GOT ALONG, THEIR ALL MALES,1 IS NEUTERED, THE FATHER AND SON STARTED FIGHTING OVER NOTHING,AS SOON AS THE SON BECAME OF AGE THAT IS WHEN IT ALL STARTED, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, I HAVE TO KEEP THEM SEPARATED BECAUSE THE FATHER ATTACKS AS SOON AS HE SEE'S HIS SON, THE SON IS JUST DEFENDING HIMSELF, I THINK IT IS A DOMINANCE THING, THE FATHER THINKS THE SON IS A THREAT TO HIM, I AM GETTING THE FATHER NEUTERED FRIDAY, DON'T KNOW IF THAT WILL HELP, BUT I NEED TO TRY SOMETHING, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE ONE OF THEM UP, THE 3RD CHI GETS ALONG WITH EVERYBODY, HE WAS NEVER AGGRESSIVE EVEN BEFORE I HAD HIM NEUTERED, MY CHI'S ARE VERY SPOILED AND I LOVE THEM TO DEATH, SO IT JUST KILLS ME WHEN I HAVE TO GROUND THEM AND PUT THEM IN A PLAYPEN, THEY ARE 3&2 YRS OF AGE.
BLACKI:mad:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi there.
I personnally cannot help you. Sorry. :(

However, there are some fantastic threads in the Dog Training Forum that might help.
You also might try posting your problem there.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Welcome, Blacki. Please turn off your caps-lock. It makes your post really hard for old farts like me to read.

Something to avoid: Reprimanding a dog for aggressive behavior. It reinforces the dog's notion that bad things happen when the other dog is around.

When the dogs first encounter one-another (under controlled circumstances) reward each of them extravagantly with praise or food or whatever they value. The idea is that they will make a connection between the presence of the other dog and good things happening.

Disclaimer: I'm not a trainer. I've seen this work, with patience, but I've never had to do this myself. There is another old fart that might check in and give you more expert suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you Ron E,
This is really hard work, today the son came back home from staying with my daughter a couple of days, I put him in the kitchen with the baby gate there, as soon as the father seen him, they started in, so I put each one in a different room so they couldn't see each other,it is hard to take them to a training class because it is so expensive, so I will have to work with what I got.Blacky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts