Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Maltipoo puppy (10lbs) is 17 weeks and since my husband works from home he's not crated often, we have a playpen area on hardwood that we mostly use when we can't directly supervise or need to leave the house, the max I've left him in the playpen while out is 2 hrs but I'm wondering if maybe he could go longer at this age? I know in the crate he can go atleast 3 hrs with no accidents but we also have yet to crate him any longer then 3 hrs. When home we take him out about every 2 hrs and restrict his water intake. Thoughts?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wouldn't push it any further at this point. If he's doing fine with no to minimal accidents with how you're doing things now, then just stick with it.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
It depends on the dog, but at 17 weeks he should be able to hold it at least 4 hours while crated. The xpen may be the same or may be different depending on how he feels about going inside.

·
Registered
270 Posts
At 17 weeks I would think so in general. All depends on the dog as each breed and within breed are different. Our new pup, now 12 weeks can stay in her pen or crate up to 8 hours before indicating her need to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts