Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rough collie just started showing her left eye is sunken un a bit, and her other eyelid is starting to cover her eye. I dont know if it is her age, for she is 13. And people who know dogs and know the collie that this around where they pass. Im hoping its just cause her age because i just spent 375 on my cat who was attacked by a coyote and i cant afford anything right now :(
Years ago she had a bad tooth infection and had all her back teeth on that side removed. Shes been fine all these years.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/ you can apply for this via the internet. They give you six months to pay interest free. Call your vet to find out if they accept it . I know that things are tough for everyone financially. Please take her/him to the vet and have the eye checked. It could be so many things. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like it could be horner's syndrome, my 14 year old dog just developed this, I took her to the vet and they it is not to serious and does not cause any pain.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
PLEASE take your dog to a vet, sooner rather than later. I don't want to scare you but my sheltie in my avatar started out that way. Make sure they check the dogs eye pressure. Is she eating and drinking?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Could also be the later stages of glaucoma ...get her to a vet and have her eye pressure taken. Try the care credit as others have suggested or can you borrow money from someone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts