Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 week old labradoodle Luna has been pooping in her kennel at night since we have got her. We have had her checked out by the vet, so no health issues. She usually eats part of it, but mostly she just stomps all over it and gets it jammed into her paws, so everynight between the hours of 1am-4am I am up cleaning her kennel and giving her a bath. We use positive potty training and it has seemed to work well with her urinating. We take her out several times for at least 10-15 minutes in the evening before bed time. We have set alarms for 12:30am and between 4-5am to try and take her outside to poop. But she always waits until we put her back to bed. She never whines when she has to poop, only when she has to pee. If she is in her play pen with a potty pad she will sometimes poop on the potty pad. We do not have a potty pad in her kennel because we do not want her to think that is where she should go poop or pee. We have even tried taking all the blankets out of the kennel at night to see if that would help. No such luck. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice! She was from a large litter of 17!!! The breeder and vet both mentioned that to keep the space clean with that many pups, the momma probably ate the poop. So I assume that is why she is doing that as well. Honestly, I'd rather her eat it than stomp and lay in it at this point!

We are not sure when exactly she poops just that it is sometime between 1-4 am. Her last meal of the day is around 5pm and we put her to bed around 10pm. Isn't is weird that she poops that many hours later?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.