Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all my family has an 11 year old chihuahua and he has just recently started pooping in the house..... I do not know why but he continues to do it mainly at night sometimes even peeing... After we find it on the floor we usually try and take him out but he flat out refueses and starts to growl at me... The only time he will move is when we get our mother to take him( thats his supreme leader) haha. The poop seems to be normal looking to me( unsure if that has to do with anything f igured id mention it just incase) But i have told my mom that we should take him to the vet and find out what is wrong she just says no and that our dog paco is fine he is just getting old and is loosing bowl control. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Andy

P.S. He was housebroken when he was young i believe before he even turned 1. He is also on a special diet because he has had a lot of problems with kidney stones getting stuck...

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Sounds like he's just getting old and grouchy and the training isn't being kept up. There may be some incontinence as well (which needs vet attention) but hard to tell without being there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts