Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am new here/very old to dog ownership!
I am deperatly seeking advice, tips about my 10 year old rottweiler who over night couldn't walk very well. I took her to the vet 2 times and was diagnosed with ruptured disk and spine damage. They gave her cortizon shots, that worked for a day and I was amazed how she turned around. But then last night she seemed worse again! Her spriti is up and happy, she does whimper a little when laying down and getting up and partial paralasis. The vet said today that we need to wait at least another week before making a hasty decision.
I have researched wheelchairs and I think that would be really helpful for her to get the weight an pressure off her back end.
She is currently on oral cortizone pills and we are having her lay down and rest as much as possible.
I would appreciate any help from those with experience. This is my baby girl whom I have had since she was 3 months old!
Dog breed Dog Canidae Facial expression Carnivore

Canidae Dog breed Dog Nose Snout

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Is there anyone here that can give some advice????

Please tell me someone knows more about this! This is my second board and second one that no one is answering! I have read and read, but nothing is better than talking with someone who has dealt with this!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Steroid shots will help reduce pain and immflamation. (The Cortisone that you are giving).

I would give her some time as spinal injuries take a while to heal. It is really important that they be kept quiet with as little movement as possible to avoid irritation and more swelling/paralysis.

Talk frankly with your vet. If you are unsure whether they are giving you the answers you need, you can always go to a different vet w/x-rays/tests and have them look them over and offer a second opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.