Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to feed her we had her 4 weeks because the owner said the mom refused to feed her. Well she was eating some wet I tried to get her on some dry kibble which she ate the whole amount.. The next day she refused it so after 12 hrs i gave a spoon of the wet she refused it so for another 12 hrs she maybe ate about a tablespoon . Last night she ate a few bites of kibble which is out all day as a free feed and a few nibbles of the wet. Not sure what to give her. We tried Blu, Iams, Science Diet right now only food she will take a bit of is the pedigree wet. :( Even at that she only 2 lbs she is not eating much.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Some dogs are pretty picky so you might need to try a few different kinds. Go for one of these http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/5-star
Most popular around this forum seems to be Acana, Before Grain, Canidae, EVO, Orijen, Taste of the Wild, and Wellness Core. I'm sure I missed a few. Taste of the Wild is especially popular because it's good quality without hurting your wallet.

Basically try something that isn't corn. I wouldn't put Iams, Science-fiction Diet, or Pedigree anywhere near my pets.

You could also try a raw diet.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Call up a vet or even the breeder :)

Personally at that age i'd stay away from wet dog food, I have a feeling at that age they'll get hooked! haha!
Try adding a bit of water the kibble to soften things up, even try to offer the kibble by hand :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
My Shih Tzu is a picky eater. I tried one high quality kibble mixed with canned food after another and she'd turn her nose up at all of them after a few days. She would refuse to eat to the point that she'd throw up bile from having an empty stomach. I was about ready to try home cooked meals but decided to try some of the dehydrated/air-dried/freeze dried foods like ZiwiPeak, Sojos and the Honest Kitchen and she loves all of those. She'll devour her food, lick the bowl clean and then scoot the bowls around the floor trying to lick up the last bit. Best of all she doesn't get sick of them and refuse to eat them even after a month of eating the same flavor. I'll never go back to kibble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts