Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter lost her great day yesterday morning 03 June 2021.. he woke up in the morning and they did they’re daily routine of her taking in out for morning pee.. around 8am she gave him breakfast all was well.. he was bubbly and playing around with his owner.. around 12pm our Delano just collapsed n died.. 3 month ago we took him to the vet to have his Hynia and to circumcise him.. he was a healthy dog.. now we can get answers on what happened.. we are told it might me sudden death syndrome.. my daughter is devastated.. Delano was only a year old.. how do I help my daughter to grieve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry about your daughter's dog. It's always hard when the dog dies. The best way to help her is to get a puppy same breed.

·
Super Moderator
2,909 Posts
Unfortunately, without a thorough necropsy at the vet's (basically an autopsy on an animal), it's impossible to say what happened in these situations. Even a necropsy doesn't always give answers. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Not everyone grieves the same way. Some people find bringing in a new dog right away is healing, while others will find it extremely stressful and a constant reminder of what they lost. Your daughter may feel ready for a new dog now, but may need months or years. Some people never want to get the same breed again after they've had a traumatic loss. Let your daughter know you support her and that it's okay to grieve, and ask her if there's anything you can do for her right now - she'll know best what she needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts