Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time, no see y'all. It's been quite a year. We lost our beloved old man Pip this summer. Maisy tore her second cruciate ligament and is just coming off the tail end of her recovery/rehab.

And, we have a new addition that will hopefully be permanent (hinging on whether he can learn that cats are friends not food). Squash's littermate from the Pumpkin Pie Litter, Aspen (litter name was Nutmeg), has been retired from the sled dog life and has just (literally, like yesterday) joined us here to live the recreational joring pet life instead. He was rotated in and out of the house at his sledding home and he's adjusting to living indoors full time, but he's as sweet as can be and I really like him.

(Background on the litter: http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/86885-we-have-pregnant-girlie-14.html)

The boys are having a grand old time already, which is great for Maisy as she no longer cares to play this crazy with Squash.

So hopefully things work out with the cats and he stays!

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm hopeful it will be fine, Alaskans are usually pretty adaptable and I'm using some tried and true techniques tweaked on the advice of people experienced with bringing retired sled dogs into recreational joring homes so I think things will be ok. The transitions are always a bit of work but I think we'll get there!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Awww, sorry to hear about Pip! He had such personality based on the stories and training videos you shared.

I hope Aspen works out!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Awww, Pip :( (hug) Sorry for your loss.

Glad to see you're okay - and congrats on the new family member! I'm sure you'll be able to work with him :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I loved following the pumpkin pie litter! Hope it works out!

Sorry to hear about Pip, I lost my old guy this summer too.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! It will take some time and work to see if we can get to cat-safe, but I'm cautiously optimistic. In the meantime we're having fun and he's going to be a fantastic joring dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts