My back patio smells like Dog Pee
DogForums.com is the premier dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Question My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Recently my 3 year old lab has decided the best place for him to pee in the yard is right next to my grill and on the patio. I have taken a hose to it with some dish soap, but the smell still persists. I get nervous that my neighbors can smell it on real warm days, is there anything that I can buy at a store or a recipe that I can make at home that will get the stench out of the back patio? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member BoxMeIn21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fraggle Rock
    Posts
    3,856

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Baking soda and white vinegar - Sprinkle the baking soda down first, add vinegar and let it fizzle, rinse down with vinegar again and let dry.

    Sometimes Disco can't bring herself to go in the wet grass and on occasion has soiled my patio. This has worked every time. AND it keeps the flies away for a bit.

    "Please allow me to adjust my pants, so that I may dance the good time dance.
    "


  4. #3
    Senior Member chucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    you can try the urine gone, stuff they show on tv,

  5. #4
    Senior Member lovemygreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    I use a product called Sweet PDZ in areas the dogs pee but are close to the deck or gates we use often. You can get it at most horse supply stores. Just sprinkle on the area every so often. Even if it gets wet, it still works and is perfectly safe to use around animals. I got a ginormous bag at our local feed store for about $12.
    Heather and the hounds ~ www.worldofgrey.com
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3526368682_a6c66d5b5f_o.jpg
    Make a fast friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    I will try the baking soda and vinigar tonight. Thanks.

  7. #6
    Senior Member BoxMeIn21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fraggle Rock
    Posts
    3,856

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemygreys View Post
    I use a product called Sweet PDZ in areas the dogs pee but are close to the deck or gates we use often. You can get it at most horse supply stores. Just sprinkle on the area every so often. Even if it gets wet, it still works and is perfectly safe to use around animals. I got a ginormous bag at our local feed store for about $12.
    ooo. Never heard of that before. Thanks!

    "Please allow me to adjust my pants, so that I may dance the good time dance.
    "


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Posts
    292

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Nature's Miracle or any other enzyme product will also work.Try the baking soda and vinegar solution first-it's cheaper.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Macky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    209

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Benny goes on our deck sometimes. We live upstairs and have a deck off our living room. I rinse it with water and about once a week I spray any areas with Simple Green and use a scrubbing brush connected to the water hose. I have never been able to break his going on the deck (since I brought him home as a puppy). I don't have any problems with smell as long as I keep up with the cleaning using Simple Green. He usually goes when I walk him (of course I pick it up) but he won't go in our yard.
    Lovemygreys, Thanks! I will try the Sweet pdz on the ground under the deck. I'm sure I can find it here in Central Pennsylvania. There is a Farm/Tractor store right in our mall circle.

  10. #9
    Senior Member sally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    wigan lancashire uk
    Posts
    106

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    baking powder and vinegar hmm i'll have to try that one.
    i tend to clean my dogs decking poop area with a soap product and
    this works ok for me.
    although my little dalmatian lady does like to wee near the back door so she can get in first
    sally

  11. #10
    Senior Member borzoimom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,826

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxMeIn21 View Post
    Baking soda and white vinegar - Sprinkle the baking soda down first, add vinegar and let it fizzle, rinse down with vinegar again and let dry.

    Sometimes Disco can't bring herself to go in the wet grass and on occasion has soiled my patio. This has worked every time. AND it keeps the flies away for a bit.
    Thats what I use to use as well. There are also other products including Naturals miracle. The baking soda cleans off alot on the patio as well other than the odor..

  12. #11
    Senior Member the-tenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,552

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Benny goes on our deck sometimes. We live upstairs and have a deck off our living room. I rinse it with water and about once a week I spray any areas with Simple Green and use a scrubbing brush connected to the water hose. I have never been able to break his going on the deck (since I brought him home as a puppy). I don't have any problems with smell as long as I keep up with the cleaning using Simple Green. He usually goes when I walk him (of course I pick it up) but he won't go in our yard.
    Lovemygreys, Thanks! I will try the Sweet pdz on the ground under the deck. I'm sure I can find it here in Central Pennsylvania. There is a Farm/Tractor store right in our mall circle.
    Central PA eh? I'm in Selinsgrove.

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Athena, Oregon
    Posts
    2

    Re: My back patio smells like Dog Pee

    I have used bleach with great results, and have also used baking powder with white vinegar.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.