Meet Mesa!
DogForums.com is the premier dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 123

Thread: Meet Mesa!

  1. #41
    Senior Member Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    283

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    I've loved learning about Beaucerons on here through Pantzer (I hadn't heard of them until I saw him!) so I can't wait to watch another one grow up! I love her coloring! She is lovely.

    Wyoming Mountain Dog :: Born August 12, 2015

  2. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements

  3. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    We've had 2 feet of snow overnight. It's still coming down and isn't supposed to stop until sometime tomorrow. Needless to say, we're both a little housebound.

    So instead of seeing this:


    I've been facing this all morning:


    Remind me why I wanted a young puppy...

  4. #43
    Senior Member Lillith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    1,468

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Because they're cute? Lol. At least it only lasts a little while.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements

  6. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    She's growing so fast. Here are a couple of pictures from our walk today.





    When we first got her she couldn't reach the top of the pen. This was today when she was asking to come out.

  7. #45
    Senior Member BeeKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    260

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Shes so pretty. She looks so calm! I know thats probably not the case haha

  8. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeKay View Post
    Shes so pretty. She looks so calm! I know thats probably not the case haha
    LOL. Of all the adjectives I could think of "calm" would not be one of them.

  9. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!



    Happy day playing in the snow.

  10. #48
    Senior Member Life With Atlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    170

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    What a sweetheart! I can commiserate on the biting - Atlas was brutal! But then they seem to grow out of it, and into big puppies so quickly you (almost) miss it! It will be fun to watch her grow though - she's going to be a looker!
    Atlas - Red Merle Australian Shepherd (June 3, 2016)

  11. #49
    Senior Member piperboxermix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    119

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandakat View Post
    She is gorgeous! And those paws are huge. How big do you expect her to get?

  12. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by piperboxermix View Post
    She is gorgeous! And those paws are huge. How big do you expect her to get?
    We expect her to be between 75-80 pounds. Her mom is on the smaller side, but she's stocky, so we'll see how big Mesa gets.

  13. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    he looks so calm and warm in the cold!

  14. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    She's getting so big! Yesterday she weighed in at 30 pounds. She's doubled her weight in the 6 weeks we've had her.




  15. #53
    Senior Member PatriciafromCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,644

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    am speechless to describe how beautiful she is....

    loved this one so much """ LOL. Of all the adjectives I could think of "calm" would not be one of them. ""

  16. #54
    Senior Member Wet Beards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    640

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Holy Moly, she just keeps getting more good looking.
    Very striking.

  17. #55
    Member emmybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    36

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    She's absolutely gorgeous. That and what I've heard about their temperament makes me want to add Beaucerons to my list of possible future dogs. There's definitely an aspect to consider that a more rare dog breed is less likely to be on banned breed lists.
    This is not good, I am already interested in too many breeds as it is.

  18. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by emmybear View Post
    She's absolutely gorgeous. That and what I've heard about their temperament makes me want to add Beaucerons to my list of possible future dogs. There's definitely an aspect to consider that a more rare dog breed is less likely to be on banned breed lists.
    This is not good, I am already interested in too many breeds as it is.
    Thank you.

    Very few people have heard of them. I did a lot of research before I came around to the breed. One thing to think about, if you're where Dobermans or Rottweilers are banned you might have to do a lot of explaining with a black and tan Beauce.

    They are also high energy Tooth Monsters. That sweet picture of her on her bed was taken just before she decided to try to shred the bed. She succeeded in ripping open one of the seams before I could get it away from her.

  19. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriciafromCO View Post
    am speechless to describe how beautiful she is....

    loved this one so much """ LOL. Of all the adjectives I could think of "calm" would not be one of them. ""
    Thank you. She is a pretty girl but she completely baffles everyone who tries to figure out what she's mixed with. lol

  20. #58
    Member emmybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    36

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandakat View Post
    Thank you.

    Very few people have heard of them. I did a lot of research before I came around to the breed. One thing to think about, if you're where Dobermans or Rottweilers are banned you might have to do a lot of explaining with a black and tan Beauce.

    They are also high energy Tooth Monsters. That sweet picture of her on her bed was taken just before she decided to try to shred the bed. She succeeded in ripping open one of the seams before I could get it away from her.
    Definitely something to think about. I remember the first time I saw one. I honestly thought the dog was a cross between between a rottie and a dobie. The only reason I've ever heard of the breed is because of the other one owned by someone on this forum, I think his name is Panzer.

    I definitely have a experience with little tooth monster puppies. I think I had bloody hands with bandaids for a couple of months after I brought Renegade home(GSD). They don't call them land sharks for nothing lol. We went through a lot of toys before I found durable enough ones. Next dog won't be for several more years though and will probably be another German Shepherd. Now that I know better, the next one will definitely be from a reputable breeder who health tests rather than a backyard breeder. When you first started looking for a Beauceron breeder, how did you start?

  21. #59
    Senior Member CptJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,672

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    She. Is. Gorgeous.

    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras

  22. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Up in the NorCal Sierras
    Posts
    1,216

    Re: Meet Mesa!

    Quote Originally Posted by emmybear View Post
    Definitely something to think about. I remember the first time I saw one. I honestly thought the dog was a cross between between a rottie and a dobie. The only reason I've ever heard of the breed is because of the other one owned by someone on this forum, I think his name is Panzer.

    I definitely have a experience with little tooth monster puppies. I think I had bloody hands with bandaids for a couple of months after I brought Renegade home(GSD). They don't call them land sharks for nothing lol. We went through a lot of toys before I found durable enough ones. Next dog won't be for several more years though and will probably be another German Shepherd. Now that I know better, the next one will definitely be from a reputable breeder who health tests rather than a backyard breeder. When you first started looking for a Beauceron breeder, how did you start?
    I went to the American Beauceron Club site to look for breeders. I also googled Beauceron breeders. I emailed 4 of them and then went to visit 2 of those 4. I chose to go with the one I did because of what she does with her young puppies and the way she stays in touch with her puppy owners. I also spent a weekend at the Beauceron nationals and journee this past October. Luckily it was only about 2 hours from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJack View Post
    She. Is. Gorgeous.
    Thank. You.
    Last edited by Sandakat; 03-31-2017 at 10:10 AM.

  23. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.