Gabby got her x-rays today. She definitely has a tear in her knee ligament, she is already having some arthritis build up. So we had a few options. Obviously surgery is one of them. We opted for laser therapy, which we start on Monday, but I am having second thoughts. Gabby is 4.5 boxer/lab mix. She is 62 lbs which is on the high side of her healthy weight, we are trying to bring her weight down a bit.
Our vet was overly busy today while we were there and I didn't get to ask the million questions I wanted to.
I am working on switching to raw, she is on s3 soft chews and ligaplex II supplements. She is on very low to no activity. Laser therapy seems like a good option, however it is my understanding that this will not heal her knee, just make it feel better.
I would rather not do surgery, but if it is gonna get her back to nearly 100% I think I would consider it. She is still young and her favorite game is fetch. I want to make the best decision for her.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.