We purchased this dog from a shelter and for $50.00 its now cost us at least $1,000.00 in vet bills and still no answer with her skin problems. First the Vet said it was a reaction to fleas.....no fleas. Tested for mange...no mange. We have been giving her Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dog food, for fear of food allergy. She is on Benedrayl (for itching) and I have been giving her baths with DermaBenss shampoo which seems to help her skin, but does not cure it.
We live in Malverne on Long Island. We are at wits ends. Does anyone know of a Vet and has experience with a Vet who specializes in skin and allergies. The last thing the Vet has done is put her on an antibotic (just in case its bacterial) and sent in a sample of the blood coming from one of the open sores to the lab for analysis.
We just dont have much trust in this Vets office. If it was bacterial (the way her skin is) she would be SO sick.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.