My baby ate a roach!!
DogForums.com is the premier dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: My baby ate a roach!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Terrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    620

    My baby ate a roach!!

    This morning, my pup found a dead roach and ate it. When I got to her it was already to late. I was actually sleeping and heard the jingle of her tags. About an hour later she threw it up along with a lot of liquid(bile?) You guys think after vomiting it out, she'll be okay? Do dead roaches maintain toxins or anything I should worry about? It didn't have bug spray or anything, I haven't used that lately, honestly don't know where she got it from.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member GottaLuvMutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,946

    Re: My baby ate a roach!!

    *Chuckle* She'll be fine, don't worry about it. Dogs eat gross things.

  4. #3
    Senior Member MoosMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: My baby ate a roach!!

    LOL. Your baby will def be OK. Yoshi eats bugs every chance he gets, but not before playing with it bit.
    Unless you are the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

  5. #4
    Member Bandits_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Columbus, NC
    Posts
    41

    Re: My baby ate a roach!!

    I understand the worry but my dog also eats things that i think would be bad for him and it never hurts him. My dog is like MoosMom's dog, like to play with it first. If it dont taste good they will spit it back out. So your baby will be fine, but i know you cant help but worry!
    Jessica
    Bandit--Rat Terrier

  6. #5
    Senior Member MoosMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: My baby ate a roach!!

    I will say of all the bugs dogs will eat they WILL NOT eat mealworms, they smell funny or something, all the dogs I ever have drool and run away. Its good for a laugh. I would be grossed out if my guy ate a roach. They are gross bugs anyways.
    Unless you are the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

  7. #6
    Member Bandits_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Columbus, NC
    Posts
    41

    Re: My baby ate a roach!!

    Yea they are gross bugs and i too would freak out and be grossed out by him eating one, but bandits tends to like dead worms...i try to not let him eat them, if i can catch him at it before he does it.
    Jessica
    Bandit--Rat Terrier

  8. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.