We have a miniature schnauzer, who is approximately 12 pounds. To keep up her hygiene we went with a Petco recommendation of GREENIES as a good source for treats/dental health.
An agonizing trip to two doctors, an emergency room and three days of ICU vet bills ringing up in excess of $1,500 leads us to believe the x-ray showing a blockage within our dogs digestive track was from a portion of Greenies bitten off and swallowed.
Needless to say, we will never purchase this product again and anyone who values their dog's health should either never purchase this product or keep a very close eye if you do. Coco is an in-door dog and I am a stay-at-home mom, so there is hardly 30 minutes in a day where we are not in the same room together!
It's amazing to see what people out there will sell, even the "respected" and large corporations, to make a dollar, knowing that any animal could be harmed. Don't rely on the people selling these products to put a warning label on the front - "that just isn't good business."
Good health to all! Pay attention to products!