Help! Dog ate raisins!
DogForums.com is the premier dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Help! Dog ate raisins!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Help! Dog ate raisins!

    My 6 lb 3 month old puppy ate about 10 raisins. I was eating raisins and tripped and the dog ate them. I know they're very poisonous for dogs. I feel really bad! What do I do? Will she be okay? Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Abbylynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ohio in Nomansland
    Posts
    13,004

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    You should call your vet immediately or an ER vet for instructions ....

    http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet...y-in-dogs/4397


    ~While you were busy judging others your closet door came open and a lot of skeletons fell out.~

  4. #3
    Senior Member Crantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    6,140

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    You should post on an Internet forum and then sit around waiting for replies until it's too late.

    ...No. You should call your vet, who can walk you through how to induce vomiting if he or she thinks you should. That has to be done pretty quickly, by the way.

    Crystal the Papillon and Casper the Alaskan Klee Kai

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crantastic View Post
    You should post on an Internet forum and then sit around waiting for replies until it's too late.

    ...No. You should call your vet, who can walk you through how to induce vomiting if he or she thinks you should. That has to be done pretty quickly, by the way.
    I posted this on this dog forum because I DID CALL every vet clinic around me and all of them were closed! I'm not that stupid and care about my puppy more than that.

  6. #5
    Senior Member SydTheSpaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England girl living in the Heart of America
    Posts
    2,832

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    Get in contact with the closest emergency vet to you. They don't close. There's one 20 minutes from me who is open 24/7.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Crantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    6,140

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    Every vet I've ever had has also listed an emergency number on their website or voicemail message.

    Crystal the Papillon and Casper the Alaskan Klee Kai

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    Where I live there is 1 Emergency vet clinic and I don't know why they weren't open.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    Call any Emergency vet anywhere they should be able to give you some advice.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20

    Re: Help! Dog ate raisins!

    A couple days later and Dory is fine. She is sick or in pain, she seems normal. Just thought I'd let you know.

  11. Remove Advertisements
    DogForums.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.